HSE Commercial Diving Medical
As per the Diving at Work Regulations 1997, all divers at work must have a valid certificate of fitness to dive issued by an Approved Medical Examiner of Divers (AMED). Please see http://www.hse.gov.uk/DIVING/medical-requirements.htm for more details.
HSE Diving FAQs
What do I need to bring for my HSE diving medical?
- Photo ID – passport or driving licence.
- Previous HSE medical if it is in-date.
- Clothes you are comfortable wearing to do a step test.
- Letters or background information from your GP or Consultant if you have had a significant medical issue since your last medical. regarding medical issues
This is my first HSE diving medical – what do I need?
Please ask your GP to complete this form and bring it with you.Download Form
How long do HSE diving medicals last?
- One year is the maximum time these medicals can be signed off for.
- A bit like your MOT however, it is possible to book your medical one month in advance of its expiry date and for your new medical to be one year on from the old expiry date, so you do not lose time.
My HSE diving medical has run out – what do I need to do?
The HSE have stated you must get your GP to complete this form and bring it with you. It will not be possible to issue the medical without this. Some GPs charge for this service.Download Form
Need to make An Appointment?
Easily make a booking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply choose your prefered date and time and pay the fee. We will remind you of your appointment nearer the time.Make An Appointment