About Dr Christine Penny
Christine has vast experience in maritime medicine, having provided advice and support for diverse organisations for both diving and seafaring medical issues – from the British Antarctic Survey to the Australian Institute of Marine Science, from military to conservation organisations, from offshore installations to providing emergency medical advice for rescue from shipwrecks off the coast of Nigeria. Doctor, diver, sailor and GP.
- Medical degree from University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Dive instructor. Christine has dived extensively around the UK and worldwide.
- Co-owner of a UK based diving liveaboard boat (MV Harry Slater), initially running out of Dunstaffnage near Oban, then to the Isle of Man. Realising that marine based culinary skills were not her forte, continued to concentrate on medical career.
- HSE Approved Medical Examiner of Divers since 2002
- Civilian Medical Officer in Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine at the Institute of Naval Medicine, Alverstoke, Hampshire 2002-2006. This post involved the management of diving accidents, fitness to dive – military, commercial and recreational divers, submarine escape and rescue
- Senior Diving and Hyperbaric Physician at what was then the Diving Diseases Research Centre, (now DDRC Healthcare). Christine became recognised as an Approved Doctor for Oil and Gas UK medicals and is one of those odd people who quite enjoys doing helicopter underwater escape training.
- Medical Director Hyperbaric Health- Perth, Western Australia. Included providing ship based medical support to the Australian Institute of Marine Sciences and medical support for a tunnelling project.
- Christine returned to the UK in role of Medical Director of what is now DDRC Healthcare and was the first doctor at DDRC to become an MCA Approved Doctor to undertake ENG1 Seafarer medicals in 2011.
- Started Aquamarine Medicals in 2018.
Need to make An Appointment?
Easily make a booking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply choose your prefered date and time and pay the fee. We will remind you of your appointment nearer the time.Make An Appointment